Session 2: How to apply for a job
The job you want
In this Session, you will learn about where you can find information to help you with your job applications. You will also find out about the different methods you can use when applying for a job.
The first thing you need to do is decide what type of job you want! It will really help you to work through this unit if you either:
- Think of a job that you know you want to do, or
- Think of a job that may be of interest to you in the future.
It will help you to search for a job if you can make your notes as detailed as possible. For example, you should think about:
- How much time are you willing to spend travelling to work?
- Would you be willing to relocate?
- What salary do you expect to earn?
- Would you work unsociable hours?
By answering key questions like this, you can start to focus your activities on finding a job that you really want.